From the article: iPhone Help – All the Articles at iPod.About.com
Sure, lots of people like the iPhone a lot. But any iPhone user knows it's not perfect. Whether you've encountered bugs or if there are things about the design of the iPhone (or the people who love it) that frustrate or annoy you, share your iPhone complaints here. [Don't post requests for tech support here, as they won't be answered. Ask tech support questions in the forum.] Share Your Complaints
- Hi. I just graduated high school, and in all my wisdom and knowledge that I have acquired from this experience, I've noticed your faulty Apple function known as autocorrect. While it often helps greatly, it fails countless times and never fails to put one in an awkward situation. Therefore, I have come up with a solution. You need to put a chill pill in the Apple software. You're very welcome for this idea, and thank you for your time.
- —Guest Pheobe
- I want to know how I can receive song or picture or any music video or video program or any movie from my computer to my iPhone and from my iPhone to my computer. My iPhone is iPhone 4S. I want to know how I can do this job by iTunes. [Here you go: http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonehowtos/ss/syncing_iphone.htm - Sam]
- —Guest towhidur rahman sajib
all you guys complaining about....
- All you complaining about no Flash player, phones breaking after 16 months etc etc, well Android phones neither run Flash (namely Adobe as its not viable anymore now HTML 5 is out, which Steve Jobs predicted 2 yrs ago would take over Adobe Flash player for many reasons). And phones breaking after 16 months of being used every day, perhaps knocked around in a bag, rucksack, etc. Stop moaning, no phone is gonna survive that so stop whining. Most things have a 1 yr warranty, so if it then breaks 4 months later how is that Apple's fault??? Look after your phones better. I've got iPod touch 4th gen, original iPod 30 GB, had iPhones too, none have had a single problem. I've now bought an iPhone 4S, the grass is not always greener on the other side, aka Samsung....
- —Guest phil
Beware of iPhone
- I had bought a new iPhone 4 about 20 days back. Whenever I want to open the app store, no sim warning is found. Minimum 20 to 25 time I face this problem. Now I realize that I wasted thousands of buck on a poor phone. Message for Apple staff: Please improve your quality. Don't spoil your brand image... [Sounds like something is wrong with the iPhone. If it was new, you should be able to take it to Apple for repairs. -Sam]
- —Guest Maninder
- I would like to know why they are charging for free apps. I want a reason they charged 500 rupees. [Sounds like you may have made some in-app purchases. A lot of free apps include things you can buy within them that are then charged to your iTunes account. This is up to the app developers, not Apple. -Sam]
- —Guest srikanth
- I have my Apple ID synced with my bank account. Makes (or at least made) purchases extremely simple... At first. Now, I've made a purchase for which Apple verified funds were available to make the purchase. We all know you can't buy anything if there's no verification. However, for reasons unknown, and certainly unexplained, Apple waited several days to even attempt collecting the funds. Like everyone I have bills to be paid. By the time Apple decided it was time to collect, there was nothing left in the account. Now there IS the appropriate funding available, however Apple STILL won't collect, and has canceled my ID, blaming ME for the billing problem. I lived up HONESTLY to my end of the arrangement, and now I can't even update the FREE apps I have on my phone. I feel extremely appreciated Apple, thanks a ton. [Sounds frustrating. Sorry to hear it. If you're curious about why there's sometimes a billing delay from iTunes, check out: http://ipod.about.com/od/itunesproblems/f/itunes-billing-delay.htm -Sam]
- —Guest Kvan
SIGNAL SUCKS, IPHONE SUCKS
- As a network engineer with 28 years experience this phone SUCKS. As soon as a walk not even 50 feet away from wireless router it switches to 3G. This is NO accident or flaw in the design. Apple has gone down hill as they use cheap-ass hardware now and have become GREEDY! The phone should have much more distance so it can use broadband instead of your costly data plan minutes... UTTER BS MARKETING!!! NO other phone I have looses its broadband connection from 50 or less feet away. Even the old crappy Motorola's have the BEST signal reception capabilities. At the current rate the IPhone will be NOTHING special and just "another crappy cheap ass made phone" the buying parts from the lowest bidder!! How ORIGINAL! [Why would Apple want you to switch to 3G? There's nothing in it for them. - Sam]
- —Guest Ron
iCloud duplicate rather than syncs
- The reason I bought an iPhone (rather than the many cheaper smartphones) was to sync with my Mac. It does not. When I edit on the computer, iCloud creates a new version of the note (or sometimes several). This first happened when I was syncing through iTunes. The head "genius" at the Holyoke, MA store said the problem was with my computer and wanted to erase the whole computer. When I realized that would mean I would have to reload all my applications and go through multiple updates over my slow rural Internet connection, I bought a new Air (with AppleCare) instead. However the problem persists. After a dozen trips to the "Geniuses" at various Apple stores and two replacements of my iPhone, the problem persists. It was supposedly sent to an Apple engineer. When I called the store that supposedly sent that up, I was told to call AppleCare and tell them I was to deal with a supervisor. I have dealt with two: Paul Visser and Mark Cratty, who did not call as promised, for 4 hours.
iPhone 4S won't last the 2-year contract
- My iPhone wireless antenna broke spontaneously after one year and 4 months of the purchase. Well be aware that it can be the case for any phone. Apparently, Apple cannot stand by its product more than 1 year and that's the reason that they sell you an extended warranty. Well I refuse to buy a phone that won't last at least a whole contract period. When I went to the Apple Store not only the attention was bad but also they tried to address my problem by making me buy an extended warranty. No good at all. I didn't brake the phone; that means that the phone has technical issues. That is the company autism that will turn Apple into a "small company."
- —Guest Disappointed with apple
Cannot download Flash player to iPhone
- Apple will not allow you to download Flash player because of a problem that they have with Adobe. That stinks. I am now getting rid of my iPhone, and myself and several people I know will not buy any Apple products again. The company stinks big time. [Adobe actually doesn't make Flash player for any mobile device anymore, including Android. Older Android devices can run older versions of Flash player, but no new devices can use it. -- Sam]
- —Guest john
- WTF is up with the cheapest chargers ever!!! Either they stop working, plug breaks, or the tip comes off!!! I mean come on. I still have a phone from 15 years ago and the same charger and they work!! Changed my charger 3 times in 5 months with the iPhone 5!!! Just retardedly crap!!
- —Guest Bub
Delicate flower of an iPhone 4
- Just got the phone last week. It slipped out of my pocket 36 inches over gravel and the screen shattered. In comparison, had a BlackBerry Curve that flew off the hood of the truck at 40 mph; all it suffered was a slight crack of the corner of the screen and a gouge in the body. Worked fine for two years. . . the iPhone is in no way durable enough to be considered "portable." Buy it as a fancy desk phone and leave it at home. I don't even want a replacement of this piece of garbage. Who says Apple is the bomb? POS.
- —Guest Craig
Unreliable iPhone, poor Apple service
- Bought my iPhone 4 21 months back. Experienced issues within 6 months. Apple replaced the equipment saying it is within the warranty period. After about 8 months the replaced (new) phone started to randomly drop calls. However it worked if held in a particular position and minimally touching the phone. Gave up after about 4 months and took it to the Apple doc. I was told it was manufacturer's known equipment problem and I had to pay in hundreds for another new phone swap as it exceeded the warranty period by 2 weeks. Why did they replace my old phone with a new one knowing it has issues? Having said it is manufacturer defect, I would expect Apple to honor free swap. Few of my other friends had to go through similar phone issues and had theirs replaced for free within a year. Wonder the lifetime of iPhone is about a year & that's why they generously give a year warranty, knowing they can collect $ from the customer anytime in the next 12 months. Apple be more truthful to customers, treat them with courtesy.
- —Guest Arch
Heats like fire
- I purchased an iPhone 5 2 months ago ... now sometimes it automatically heats up like it's going to explode ... so what is the problem?
- —Guest Ankit
iPhone 5 charger
- I have had my iPhone 5 since Christmas 2013 and my charger broke unexpectedly as I had neither dropped it or caused any damage to it. So I ordered a new charger off Amazon as they are 20 pounds to replace from phone shops, and it came Monday the 8th of April and it has already stopped working by the 12th of April. I think they should have kept the charger the same as all the other Apple designs as it would be a lot easier, simpler, and a lot better! Now I have 2 years of replacing chargers. NOT happy.
- —Guest Sam
1-15 of 146Next