- I had 3G iPhone, it quit and I had to pay $199.00 for the 4G iphone and now it has quit and no one will replace it after 2 months. I am tired of paying for iPhones that quit and nobody will replace it.
- —Guest trickydick
- Since the latest update my iPhone has wiped out my contacts and now my iMessage won't use my shortcuts or recognize another iPhone and send messages as text instead of iMessage. I'm so frustrated!
- —Guest Hahn
iPhone 5 faulty charger
- I find it highly stupid how I haven't even had my iPhone 5 three months and my 4th charger has already broken due to the fact after 2-3 weeks it becomes faulty and worthless to even use. Disappointed in this, considering it is such a nice phone but has a worthless charger. Worst iPhone they have released.
- —Guest Soph
Another vote for poor battery access
- Why does every other phone out there have a battery that is easy to remove and replace? Essentially, the life of your iPhone is capped by the life of the battery inside of it... unless you want to spend $150 to have Apple surgically install a new one. (Thus virtually forcing you into upgrading to a new iPhone). Given the cost of an iPhone, you should be able to reasonably use it more than, say, 2 years. Apple is supposed to be user friendly---the owner should be able to purchase a battery and switch it out him/herself. I bought my iPhone 4 refurbished through a retail video game reseller. They offered a $60 2-year warranty which includes battery replacement. (I jumped on that.) If you can find the proper source, you're almost better off buying refurbished and then using an independent month-to-month plan. Either way, make sure you take good care of your battery, or it will bite you big time!
- —Guest Jax
Employees not knowledgeable
- What a disappointment. Employees may look like they know what they're doing, but they don't!! My SON had to do what the employee should've done. Going to find someone other than the store manager to complain to. Need a corp email. Any suggestions!!
- —Guest Donna
iPhone 4 apps not working
- I'm in a 24-month contract with Vodafone. After 12 months, basic apps won't download on iOS 4. Apple and Vodafone unable to update iOS and told I have to pay £34 month 'til Jan. 2014 for a phone not fully functional. Warning: Avoid 24-month Vodafone contracts.
- —Guest Badger
- I've always been an Android user but recently purchased the iPhone 5 a month ago. I'm already having problems. My phone alerts me 3 times for one text. Also, why so you have all this security that I didn't ask for? Also, why so you have to give credit card information for a free App? Android has thousands of apps that are easy to download and manage. I too am having problems with sound and reception and your "improved Siri" sucks big time. The quality of your apps is far exceeded by that of Android systems and every single app installed takes an IT degree to use or manage. Something as simple as transferring a ringtone from download app to setting it as a ringtone is mind numbing tedious. This phone sucks. I wish I had my wife's Samsung Galaxy S3.
- —Guest Bill
- Why do I have to pay hundereds more for more memory??? On Android all you need is an SD card and you're fine--very disappointing. Just another way to get money.
- —Guest alex
- I updated iOS 6 in my phone it's the worst iOS I ever used. My battery is getting very low after update.
- —Guest Achy
I didn't enjoy iPhone experience at all!
- When everybody is only sharing their iPhone 5 experiences, I will still stick to iPhone 3GS experience, which is more than enough to give reasons that even my upcoming generations will never buy iPhone ever!!! I bought this phone around 2 years back and what its situation is today is hard to describe. Let's talk about Voice Control. It is such a pain in itself. Keeps coming on automatically. I can't leave my phone away from my sight even for a minute, because you never know when will this Voice Control feature pop-up and without any command from myself will randomly pick any number and dial it without my due permission. Can you imagine the harrasment when your friends and relatives come up to you saying why were you calling me at 3 AM last night? Of course, I didn't do that, it's my haunted phone who keeps playing itself!!
- —Guest jsidhu
- I find it pathetic that such a nice phone can't have a decent charger. I have had my iPhone 5 two months and my charger already is worthless. It seems they get worse every year. I guess that means I get to spend more money. But I will definitely buy an off-brand charger before I'll buy from Apple, f I give my money to Apple and they can't produce products that last longer than 2 months. The cheap charger will probably last 10 years compared to your charger's two months. I'm thinking you need to make some improvements in the chargers.
- —Guest AmandaH
Lying to consumers
- My iPhone 5 slipped out of jeans pocket and screen smashed. Service center doesn't have screen to repair, and lied 1) office announcement is, you can only change for a new phone. 2) no screen in any store in China. 3) we don't know when the screen would come. 4) I'm the manager in charge, just talk to me (3 ppl. claimed). 5) I don't understand English, you need speak Chinese if want service. 6) no special discount to consumers. Anyone has, the person will be fired immediately.... Apple China only trained its retail staff to lie to Chinese consumers.
- —Guest Cairol
- I was going to get an iPod touch until my parents compared the price to an Android tablet. So now I happily have a cheaper device that can do more than the iPod.
- —Guest Wasdqert
Class Action Suit, Anyone?
- 1st) some complaints are due to ignorance of equipment. Classes are available online & plenty of documentation; any appliance I purchase, I read the manual. Lots of info available via search at Apple's site & many others. 2nd) Sprint is known to have a poor service area & AT&T is not much better; only Verizon truly has service almost everywhere in US as well as offering insurance (I know, as I have it). One can get a 4S with contract for free, so hard to imagine anyone still using a 3. 3rd) I got an Otter case--did not use the 4S 'til it was protected. That being said, lots of problems stem from the fact that there is NO software available to keep hackers out. And ISPs are very behind the curve on protecting Apple products via THEIR routers. Apple refuses to accept reality--their products are very vulnerable. iPhone=computer & providers charge $$. Your resources are being used. And iCloud is a joke. Apple needs suing--big time! And those w/purchase issues: call your credit card to stop $ 'til fixed.
- —Guest LC
iPhone 4 - No sound from YouTube
- Hey friends, I've experienced a minor problem, but kind of annoying. I am the proud owner of an iPhone 4 with the latest OS - iOS 6.1. My issue is that when I am perusing either LinkedIn, or stumbleupon, and perhaps some of my other favorite apps, sound doesn't come through the speakers when watching an embedded YouTube video. For example, I'm flipping through stumbleupon and see someone posted a woodworking video, so I click on the video and it loads but I can't hear the audio. However, if I go directly to the YouTube app and type in the video name, it plays fine. Please let me know if anyone has had a similar experience. Please fix this issue Apple programmers!!! Thanks.
- —Guest SKappy16