From the article: Top 5 Cooking Apps for Dieters
Losing weight is never easy, but a new crop of iPhone weight loss apps can help. But not all apps are equal. Share your experiences with the various weight loss apps and help others find just the right app for them. Share Your Favorite
- I just published a no-diet app that cultivates mindful eating: Mindful Delight. Based on the popular Track & Share platform, this app helps you cultivate mindfulness. It was developed by a mindful eater who uses it every day to bring more awareness and joy to eating. This is not a diet plan and not a calorie counter, but it might work better for your health and happiness. Try it out, it might be just right for you. What is mindfulness? Mindful Delight works with two modes of mind: awareness and doing-thinking. It is desirable that one can easily move between these modes of mind. Stuck in doing-thinking mode? This app helps by building awareness of different types of hunger. It also supports doing-thinking, e.g., you can track time set aside for eating, time exercised, and if you need to, track weight.
- —Guest Habits Guru
I have lost 1 stone in 1 month using
- The app is called "Life Hypnosis" recommended to be my a friend. I have tried all sorts of diets to lose weight & none of them worked, but this app did. It is very relaxing a simple to use. Stress can also be treated using the app and if you have trouble sleeping like I did, this will help with that also.
- —Guest Mandy Roberts
My fav diet app
- Seven Day Diet Plan. The name says it all: no fancy/useless calories counter or tracker, but really good diet tips and plans. I love the design too.
- —Guest Jess
Best Motivation App
- Have you seen ChallengeLoop? You can do fitness challenges with yourself and your friends and track your progress by posting photos & videos. It's great for losing weight and motivating yourself to maintain healthy habits. It's an iPhone app and website.
- —Guest Kelli
- Lose It is a great app for keeping track of calories consumed, exercise calories burned, and net calories used through out the day. It can "search foods," has a barcode scanner, a list of the foods you consume, previous meals, recipes you enter and brand name foods from supermarkets and restaurants. It's very easy to use and inspires one to make better food choices !
- —Guest Sue Kramer
Best fitness app
- My Fitness Pal is great. Allows you to scan, save recipes, workouts, favorite foods. Huge database includes brand names and store brands as well as previously scanned items. Can add workouts and select from database.
- —Guest DrRobyn
An awesome diet app
- My doctor recommended this to me and I love it! It is called My Fitness Pal. This app keeps track of the foods you eat daily and sets you up with the amount of calories per day you are supposed to consume. It has a barcode scanner to use when entering your items and it also tracks exercise and your weight loss progress. It also breaks down all the amounts of sodium, etc. that you've consumed. I've been using WW Mobile and I believe that I will start using this one exclusively. It's free, and much simpler to use.
- —Guest Kimbo
You missed out on this one
- Best iPhone diet app is by far intelli-Diet http://bit.ly/intelli-Diet
- —Guest Jon Funk