From the article: Using JailbreakMe to JailBreak iPhone & Other iOS Devices
IPhone jailbreaking can open up a whole new world of apps and carrier options that you never had before. And you can jailbreak the iPod touch and iPad, too. But jailbreaks aren't always easy and aren't always smooth. Share your tips and tricks for successful jailbreaks here to help other users jailbreak their iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads. Share Your Experiences
- What ?!?! I have no idea what to do and I'm confused. Do I get like free apps and stuff and will it erase my data???
- —Guest Me
I have done it before
- I did it before without parents' permission. They were totally cool about it and just said don't do it again. Recently, it froze all apps and did not work. Dad had to restore it from iTunes and now it is ok. I want to jailbreak it again but dad is saying a definite don't do it. I feel like I want to do it against his will.
- —Guest Guest
- They need to publish one of those "For Dummies" books for jailbreaking. I jailbroke my husband's iPod touch and am now looking into doing my iPhone. The jailbreaking part is easy, but what to do next is a little confusing. Luckily my little brother is a proud "hacker," so I'm getting lessons! :)
- —Guest Lol
My jailbroken iPhone
- I did a jailbreak on my iPhone after I researched a variety of jailbreak options. I found that Cydia one seemed to look to be the safest one to try...it checked my iPhone for the right software that was required and it was done in less than 5 min! Now I have fun getting software for tweeks, better Wi-Fi, better everything!! Love the game angry poo ;) and you can download tons of things, purchase really cool stuff for next to nothing...I don't steal apps or abuse the jailbreak. I like how you can control your Apple product and get the most out of it. Now it does work, still does crash somewhat, but I have over 200,000 files downloaded and being used and still have room on this 32 gigger...but if you get apps or programs that complement each other, there are endless possibilities!! Make the memory grow!!
- I wold really like some Pokémon games, but I AM inexperienced with computers and don't want to ruin my iPod. But if it is despite its name legal, maybe...
Not if you're stupid
- If you are not an idiot, know basic downloading safety, and know a bit about computers, then go ahead and jailbreak. If the above does not apply to you then you will likely break your device if you jailbreak. Unjailbroken devices are designed for the non tech savvy.
- —Guest Drew
I love jailbreaking.
- I have no problems with mine! I would recommend jailbreaking to anyone who wants to have a choice over their device! Just be smart. The best way to do it is the untethered one from evasion... And it won't delete anything! I promise! And yes if you know how, you can get free music, free in-app purchases, Android lock! If me, a thirteen year old girl can do it, anybody with a brain can figure it out.
- —Guest GirlyHackerXD
- I've jailbroken my iTouch but now I've unjailbroken it. At first it was fine, but as time went on, crashes and lags kept on coming and I realized that it wasn't worth my convenience. My iPod was never the same even after I've unjailbroken it. It still crashes and stuff.
- —Guest Smooth jailbreaker
Good but sometimes...
- Jailbreaking is the best thing to do on an Apple product. IPhones work fast, but iPods are a bit too slow. Only thing worse about jailbreaking is stuck at Apple logo!!!
- —Guest shaswati
Should I jailbreak?!?
- I'm trying to figure out if I shoud jailbreak my iPod touch. I'm just cautious of the fact that if I do it will never turn on again, or it will freeze up forever on the same spot. What is a good site that I can trust to jailbreak my iPod safely?
- —Guest Guest
Jailbreak or not jailbreak
- I don't know if I should because I use a deactivated iPhone 4 as an iPod and I don't know if I could easily unjailbreak it without losing my stuff.
- —Guest Pacman
- I have jailbroken my device and now Facebook doesn't work. Wut??
- —Guest Marti
- Jailbroke my iPhone 3G and I now haven't a clue where any downloads etc. go. HELP
- —Guest debz
IDK what to do.....
- I just bought my iPod last night and I wanted to jailbreak mine, but after I read these comments, I'm not so sure about it. If you jailbreak it, do you get all of your music and your apps for free? I'm confused... I know that you lose your warranty after you get it, but I just don't understand the rest. [While you may be able to get some music and apps for free after jailbreaking, doing so is stealing that music and those apps and you shouldn't do that. -- Sam]
- —Guest -lauren-
- I jailbroke almost every Apple device I own. No problems whatsoever. I definitely wouldn't recommend it to the inexperienced. Be careful.
- —Guest Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious
1-15 of 33Next