Having an iPod or iPhone stolen is a very unpleasant experience. Not only does it feel like an invasion, it also often means that you'll have to spend hundreds to get a new phone. But sometimes, thanks to technology or the police, we get stolen iPhones and iPods back. If you've ever had an iPod or iPhone stolen, share your story here - especially if you've got tips on how others can get them back.
If your iPod or iPhone has been stolen and you're looking for it, please don't post here. We won't be able to help you.Tell Your Story
Stolen iPhone 4S in Furniture Shop
- Went to go buy a mirror with my mom. At the cash counter, while paying placed the phone and my small wallet and keys down. Walked out and ran back in and within seconds, someone had stolen the phone. I bought the Phone in the UK so it's almost 1/5 of our dollar here in Canada. There were 7 people in the store and someone saw me walk out and didn't bother to yell after me... No cameras in the store. I can't believe human beings are this petty (my credits cards and IDs were in the phone case). Needless to say, I cursed whoever took it in the store and hope they heard it and I hope God punishes that person, or whatever they believe in. Karma is really a b**** ... and I hope they lose more than material things.
- —Guest Shaz
Neice lost my iPod
- OK, so I went to stay at my sister's house (I'm 12) and brought my iPod. Well my niece (she's 5) got into my bag, took it and was listening to music. She walks into the other room and comes back and says she lost it. She still had the earbuds in her hand, but no iPod. I went crazy and tore that house apart, but it was nowhere. The thing is, my sister's boyfriend/baby dady is um......a no good thief. I fear he took it and won't tell. My sister says she will replace it, but I know she is just stretching that and hoping I forget about it. It's sad to think there are people like that :'( I hope she does replace it, or find it.
- —Guest eh life sucks
iPhone stolen from work
- My husband's phone was stolen from work, but by the time it was noticed missing the thief had the device powered off because the Find My iPhone locator said device offline. I sure wish that would get fixed. It does you really no good if that's all they have to do. Then it's just a guessing game to see if they turn it back on. So frustrated and I wish all the bad karma a theif deserves in all who steal!!!!!
- —Guest Ana
advice for you all!
- If you can wear your earphones under your shirt. And if you don't want to hear them, just turn them off and keep them on your ears. Also buy an assisted open knife on eBay. It will stop thieves. Self-defence is okay.
- —Guest gangar
- I was in my classroom and my phone case was heavy. I can't put in my pocket and then I went to my locker and I put my phone in my locker. Then at the end of the day, I went to my locker and I couldn't find my phone. Someone stole it. I put it in front of me and now I can't find it.
I forgot to add
- The battery was only charged half way. I am bad at remembering to charge it the night or the week before. I forgot my phone number. Other people can't understand me very well so it is very important for me! If you have any helpful ways to keep this stuff from happening I will put my email down. Please help me! While I was working, I was keeping an eye on it every few moments.
- —Guest Liz Slama
Stolen iPhone 4G
- I was working and I put my phone down on a corner, because I did not have any pockets that Wednesday and I went to help my partner because he was having trouble. When I was all ready to go in the back, it was gone.
- —Guest Liz Slama
- I was on a field trip with my grade to a movie theater, and unfortunately we had to leave our devices in our backpacks. When we got back to the bus, I checked the pocket INSIDE my backpack pocket (so it wouldn't get stolen), and guess what? It did.
- —Guest MeEeww
Stolen iPod 5th Gen
- I was driving to find an address and passed the place so I got into the next street and backed up too much and the back wheels of my car got stuck in a small sewer hole. Needed help to get out. Several men stopped and offered to help me. I was like, yes. Well to make it a story short, when everyone left, I noticed that one of the men stole my cross body purse, which had my license, some cash which I'm like whatever about, but also my cell and iPod 5 which is really sad. At the end I know some of those men were kind enough to stop and help, but one of those people was really mean and took advantage of the situation. Made a police report. Maybe I'll find my things one day.
- —Guest DRVLDIANA
- So I was coming back from lunch, and surprise surprise, my locker door was hanging open. Checked the pockets, no iTouch. Two days later, they came back and looked through my pack again. Jeezus
- —Guest Adam
Phone stolen from handbag
- I was in a club last night and was texting a friend. As I reached into my bag to check my iPhone 4S I realised that it was missing. The police confirmed that a gang are going around clubs and stealing iPhones from girl's handbags. I didn't have the Find My iPhone app so I cannot locate it. I've had to get a new temporary phone and reset my passwords on everything (email etc). This is a warning for the future to make sure I have a more secure bag and to get the Find My iPhone app. The police are looking into it. Fingers crossed that I maybe get it back. [You don't need Find My iPhone installed to use the feature. You just have to have turned it on via iCloud. If you did, log into iCloud.com and you can track it. -Sam]
Got iPhone stolen
- So I was just walking in the street and these guys came up to me and told me they were going to kill me if I didnt give them my phone ... so I had to give it...
- —Guest me
I have lost my iPhone
- When I was using my iPhone, someone took it from my hand and ran away...
- —Guest BIBEK
I'm an idiot -- stolen iPhone 5
- I got really drunk at a party and woke up with no phone and puke all over myself. My mom paid 800 bucks on my birthday.
- —Guest Nick
After a year and a half, I still miss it
- I went to England for a holiday and on the way back in the airport I am sure my bag bad been locked up and everything was secure. It was so precious to me, so I'm sure I wouldn't have just let it fall. So anyway I didn't use either of my iPods. I had the 3rd generation as well, which I bought, the whole flight. When I got home I didn't know where it was so I was sure whether I just misplaced it in my house and thought if I was patient it would turn up eventually. But during the course of the one week I didn't find it by chance so I decided to look for it. It wasn't anywhere. I'm sure it was stolen because I took amazing care of both my iPods. Anyway my mum called the insurance but they wouldn't recover it. More than a year later I still miss it but I've bought a phone (Galaxy S III) and an iPad mini so my grief is somewhat assuaged. The terrible thing is I can't buy a new one because my stupid phone carrier decided to charge me hundreds of dollars for some bull**** reason.
- —Guest Jacob