From the article: Apple iPad 2 Models & Prices
Almost as soon as the iPad was announced, the jokes started rolling in. It's easy to see why Apple liked the name, but it's also easy to see why so many people are making so much fun of it. What do you think: is the iPad a terrible name? What would you have called Apple's tablet? What Do You Think?
- Have you read Neuromancer by William Gibson? If Star Trek sues Apple and wins......
- —Guest Bob
- There are thousands of pads in this world and they only found the name iPad. Come on, what's next?
- —Guest rt
- NO!! (This is just my opinion, no rudeness, plz.) If you think that this is a bad name, do U have a better idea?:)
- —Guest Alex
- iPad is okay, but I think I would have named it iTab (for Tablet) instead.
- —Guest Ghostlight Whisper
- Now that my hubby got me one, I think iPad is the perfect name.
- —Guest Sherry
The iPad name is perfect
- I carried yellow legal pads for years. Now I'll save on pencils and erasers. B^)
- —Guest Padtickler
ipad is fine
- Come on. Only people with sick minds would like to make fun of its name. I think people should stop making fun of the name and start focusing on what it can do.
- —Guest jared
- People grow up! Who would think iPad as a kotex pad?! Really I hope you are not thinking to use it that way xD Anyway I think it's an appropriate name for an Apple Tablet...
- —Guest iPad Maniac
- This name makes perfect sense. It name is similar to iPod so people will know what the product is. This name is perfectly logical, there's nothing wrong with it.
- —Guest Alan Boper
- Only the immature and dirty minds would find fault with iPad. Do they find fault with "notepad", too, or many other "pads"? C'mon, children, grow up.
- —Guest Ross
I Pad touch
- I think I pad is a good name but i think you should add touch to it also.
- —Guest 21091
It all depends on the person.
- The person with the dirty mind might want to make something of it, but, then, they might want to make something of "notepad", "Brillo Pad" (epeciallly this one), and any other kind of pad. This is soooo stupid. I can't believe the dumbing down of the American mind.
- —Guest Ross
- Mmmm, it sounds like something a woman might use once a month!
not terrible but-
- iPad is not a terrible name, though one could associate it with sanitary napkins or such; perhaps something like iTablet would be more fitting.
Too close to PADD
- The iPadd has the same basic functionality as the device on StarTrek the Next Generation called the PADD. I would hope Apple has their lawyers ready for the ripoff of the name. Since the functionality of the real device is so close to the functionality of the fictional device, then one would assume that the similarity of the name would be to have geek boys drawn to the Apple device by assuming it to be the same thing as the Star Trek device.
1-15 of 26Next