From the article: Should You Buy an iPhone 4?
From a beautiful screen to HD video recording to the many useful features of its operating system, there are lots of reasons to buy an iPhone 4. Let's discuss why we bought the iPhone 4 (or, if you didn't, what turned you off). Tell Us Your Reason
- I had Verizon and I got two Androids before this iPhone 4 and they both got viruses and messed up, but this iPhone has been great! I'm only afraid it will soon be outdated.
- —Guest Tyler
Reason to buy
- It's a status symbol....a cell with good resale value...
- —Guest Sachin maheshwari
- Because I could not afford payment for the iPhone 5. Always wanted an iPhone as opposed to the Blackberry which I previously had.
- —Guest Anne Peterson
iPhone a Godsend
- I'm 63 years old and got my phone last year. I've no one to help me learn how to properly operate it, so I've been dependent on the iPhone itself to teach me. I am proud to say after the initial shock of this learning experience, I have gained more knowledge in education than all of my 63 years combined together! Thank you God, iPhone, Apple.
- —Guest Fiestytexan
Just bought 4S, waiting for it arrive
- After about 6 different pre-paid phones/carriers in the last year, I finally decided to take the plunge and go with Verizon's iPhone plan. This will be my first Apple product, and I am so looking forward to getting it! The prepaid phones have been a nightmare. It's great to pay only $50 a month for unlimited service, but the service really sucks. I received an Android phone for Christmas, and it stopped working properly in less than two months. All I use it for now is the calculator and as a Wi-Fi device... I used Square for my job, until the phone refused to work. I am a cab driver who dispatches out of the cab, so a good, reliable smartphone is a must. The idea of telling Siri to dial a customer's number while on the road is irresistible! I am hopeful that this phone will make my job, and my life easier. My daughter and my boss swear by their iPhones. Can't wait to get it!
- —Guest noob4life
- My iPhone 3GS was pissing me off, kept freezing, but it seems like Apple did something different with the 4 and after having an iPhone for so long I got used to it. I only hated my BlackBerry I used before. I hated the Samsung Galaxy .... Team iPhone :)
- —Guest Team iPhone
The iPhone is amazing
- Don't know what y'all are talking about not liking this iPhone. It is the best invention ever made! I can do homework on the go, take very nice clear pictures wherever, and keep in touch with distant friends and family with FaceTime! My iPhone is the best thing that every happened to me and I wouldn't trade it for anything!
- —Guest guest cool
Phone call volume
- The volume of my phone call is so low I can barely hear the other person. I have turned the volume buttom up to high, but it is still too low.
- —Guest Carole Barnard
not to get i-phone
- can not transfer contact numbers, three steps to do one with my old chocolate, fingers touch three keys while texting, unledgiable texting, no back or delete, touch this twice, touch that once. lots of hype. definate loser in my book. I need phone and text, back to the chocolate. can operate with one hand. I-phone you need two hands and stylus to run. Just need phone!!!Don't tell me I will get used to it. One month of this is enough.
- —Guest rosemary
- My iPhone 4 was given to me and I am glad! I would be pissed if I had paid for this POS!!! It will not do ANYTHING!!! I can NOT get online. I can NOT text a picture. I can NOT set up my voicemail. After touching NUMEROUS icons I can make a call. Before all I had to do was push the damned phone symbol and find a contact. There are no "back", "escape", "end" or "quit doing this because it is not what I want" options. All of these are things that I could do with my 3-year-old Nokia. Very basic functions that this junky thing tells me aren't available. I hate this "phone" or whatever the hell it's supposed to be! It is a very far cry from "user friendly!" I have a very generous relative that gave me this damned thing and also put me on his phone contract. Otherwise I would return it and have my very simple Nokia reactivated.
- —Guest HACKED OFF!!!
- Well i heard it was a really good phone, and it was a good buy :)
- —Guest thegeorgeingram
Not so impressed
- I am a Verizon user. I have had my phone since January 2012. First, Siri is next to useless. I speak clearly and it never understands the question. When I ask, take a note, it says "do you want me to search note". When I ask to call my wife or her name or home, and they are set up in the phone, it doesn't understand. A simple command like call home, it would have problems. Tethering wireless has a mind of its own. If the phone is on, it senses the hardware but doesn't connect. I even brought this to Verizon and they couldn't figure it out. Bluetooth from your phone to computer is useless due to the 1.5 MBs transfer speed. The direct connect worked well, but that was it. For all I heard of the iPhone, it doesn't work great as a phone or a computer, just another repository for telephone numbers I use a land line for.
- —Guest firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy so far
- My husband and I decided to go on 3 year contracts for two iPhone 4, only because he works out of town for months at a time and with the plan we have with Telus and better signal in Canada, with fave 10 we can talk whenever wherever unlimited for $100 per month, and we can use FaceTime whenever he can get a wifi signal so it makes his long absence a bit more bearable :)
- —Guest Vallan
Why the IPhone 4S
- Because I have iMacs in 2 homes in Nevada and Arizona, and have had for years, I stayed with the familiar.
- —Guest Margie Hartman
- Why do people hate AT&T so much? I love AT&T. I've been a customer since Cingular. I only pay 45$ for my line on my family plan and I get great customer service and great reception everywhere. Oh and I only pay 180$ a month for 4 phone lines on my family plan and we have family unlimited texting 1400 minutes and two of the lines have unlimited data plans.
- —Guest James
1-15 of 24Next