Getting your iPod or iPhone wet can seem like a disaster. Whether your device only works partially or has completely stopped working, a wet device may seem like you're on your way to the store to buy a new one. But that's not necessarily the case. If you're looking for tips about how to fix a wet iPhone or iPod, click the link above this paragraph for a few suggestions.
On the other hand, if your iPod or iPhone has gotten wet and you've saved it, you need to share what you did—-there are people out there you need to learn from your experience. What worked for you in fixing your device? What didn't work? This isn't a place to ask for help; instead use post here if you can share your experiences and help others save their devices.
If your wet device has dried, you may want to check out these articles for fixing common software problems:
Otherwise, read on:
Share Your Experiences
iPod and lots of water
- I had my iPod for about 3-4 years. One day I was drinking my water when BAM I spilled my whole cup of water on my iPod. I put it in rice for 2 days and everything worked except for the front camera. (Which is okay with me) Well... Today I was washing my hands and I hit my iPod and it falls into the sink AS I AM WASHING MY HANDS :/ It is now in rice. I hope it is okay. And for other people DO NOT BLOW DRY IT!!! That just pushed the water into the device. Also do NOT TURN IT ON, turn it OFF.
- —Guest music lover
Speaker not working after iPod got wet
- Just happened to me - iPod in the Atlantic! Ran a hair dryer into the speaker plug and charging port for about 10 minutes! It got really hot and the temp warning came on. Cooled it down and now it works fine!!!
- —Guest Peg
My iPod goes for a swim
- I was getting into my bath and I was listening to music in there. Later on, I was doing something on my iPod and then all of a sudden I dropped it in the tub. I was so mad at myself. I didn't know what to do. Then I went on the Internet to see what I could do to save my iPod and it said that I should put it in a Ziploc bag with rice and waith for a few hours or days. So I'm still waiting in curiosity on what's going to happen. Is it going to stay alive or die? I was going to go and take a bath. I brought my ipod with to listen to music. all of a sudden I was doing something on my ipod and then I droped it in the tub. I was so mad at myself. I didn't know what to do so I looked on the internet and it said that I should put it in a plastic bag with rie in it for a few days or hrs.im still aiting in curiosity if its going to stay alive or die. still waiting for my answer. that's my story. still waiting for my answer. that's my story.
- —Guest lol100
- I was on the dock at Geneva on the lake when I got up with it in my hands and I dropped it. I dove in to find it and I ran up freaking out and I put it in rice. I left It in for a day but it wouldn't work when I got it on the charger it opened up and it said that my iPod COMPLETELY reseted. So now I'm pissed.
- —Guest Lucy
DROPPED IN SOAPY WATER
- My iPhone 5c was sitting next to my sink when I was cleaning it and my phone slipped in. Got it out, towel, and put it in rice for a day to sit and it still worked, but there were lines on the screen and they started to get darker and the volme does not work.
- —Guest anne
Don't eat cereal and text
- I dropped my iPod in my milk. What should I do? I have no rice. Please write back anyone.
- —Guest Yikes
- I dropped my iPod nano 7 in soup and now my computer doesn't recognize it!
- —Guest soup
it works a little
- ok… so you may leave your iPod 4 in the rain for about 2 hours and you get scared it won't work, but really when mine was out for, ya know, 2 hours, it still works just has weird lines on the top. So what you need to do is dry it with a towel paper optional and then you put in rice for 24 hours, but still you see the lines. So next what you need to do is use a hair dryer. It works. What you do is put it on low and cold. Next blow it in the headphone hole and the charger hole and all around the iPod for about 20 minutes and there you go, a fixed iPod.
- —Guest venessa
TIPPED CLEAING LIQIUD IN IPOD
- I was cleaning my glasses with my cleaning liquid and it went in by accident. I tried using it but I noticed things acted funny. None of the left or right side of my iPod was working. I don't know what to do. HELP ME. It's not water, it's a cleaning liquid. I don't know if it will ever go away. I need help.
- —Guest Benzo
I'm an idiot
- I was at my friend's house with my phone in the pocket of my swimsuit when I jumped in the pool. It was about 5-8 minutes before I realized my phone was in my pocket. So I dried my phone off and the screen was black, but it was 30 minutes before I got home. Then I put my iPhone in rice and put it on the windowsill. Is my phone gonna die? Plz help
- —Guest Mad
- I went in the ocean with my phone rolled up in a shirt (don't ask) in my pocket. I was in for a minute, then I almost had a heart attack realizing it was in there. I've been blow drying it on low heat for an hour or so.
- —Guest Jake
- * Put a bowl full of rice on your table * Put the device in the rice * Let your device dry in the rice
How to fix wet iPod
- STOP BEING STUPID AND DROPPING IT IN LIQUIDS!!!!!!
- —Guest Da stupid one
iPod fell in water
- I was jumping on my bed and forgot my iPod was there and it fell into a cup next to the bed. I grabbed it after it had been in there for 4 secs. It worked ok untill 1 day later. I can hear the charging sounds but the screen won't turn on!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!
- —Guest LimeArrow
Swimming. wet iPod 5
- I went swimming and I kinda forgot to take my iPod 5 out......... it was like 5 mins underwater. Plz help
- —Guest Daniel