From the article: How To Fix a Wet iPod
The tips listed above are just a few ways to fix a wet iPod or iPhone. If your iPod or iPhone has gotten wet, what's worked for you in fixing it? What didn't work? This isn't a place to ask for help; instead use post here if you can share your experiences and help others save their devices. Share Your Experiences
rice rice rice
- okay, so I put my iPhone 4 in rice just then. How long do I have to leave it for??????
- —Guest kirra
- So I was having a bath and my iPod fell in the tub. I picked it up as fast as I could and dried it off and blew it off with a hair dryer but the sound is fried and I don't know what to do. Everything works perfectly but the sound. Even the buttons on the side won't work. I will try to turn it up and the thing to show how loud it is doesn't work. HELP
- —Guest Pandagal
- My mom was watering the plants and I put my iPod on the porch. My mom sprayed it. She didn't know it was there. Now the sound does not work. What should I do?
- —Guest Ebony
Never Wash The Dishes
- Dirty Sponge Water + Cracked IPod 4th Generation = Bad Combo. Yesterday morning I was washing dishes and I was finishing rinsing them, and I left my iPod on the counter. Somehow I guess I spilt water all over the counter (right where my iPod was) and got everything wet. I immediately realized that I soaked my iPod, so I wiped it clean and dry with a paper towel, and I clicked the lock button to see if it was still on; yep, it was. I then tried unlocking it but the touchscreen wouldn't work at all, so I put it in a bag of rice for a few hours. A few hours later, only the right half of my screen was working, so my mom just said to leave it in the rice over night. I woke up this morning able to unlock my iPod, but the keys on the very left side (z,a,q,1, etc) still won't work. So my iPod is STILL drying in the rice, and if it isn't dry later, then it's hair dryer time... Therefore the lesson of this is: Never do the dishes while using your iPod, especially if you're texting your boyfriend.
- I forgot my iPod in my pants pocket and my mother washed them. I've had it for a couple of weeks letting it sit on my night stand and I just thought that I would try some rice. I really hope it works!
- —Guest Ivin
Suicide bomber Monster can murders iPod
- So a Monster can blew itself up in my backpack and drenched my iPod in liquid energizing deliciousness. I dried it off as well as I could, then a few hours later was able to pick up some rice. I let my iPod sit in it for about 2 days. All the physical buttons work (power, volume, home) but the touchscreen doesn't work. I plugged it in and all the music shows up on the computer, and it still charges, but it's totally useless without the touchscreen. Any advice?
- —Guest Steve
My iPod is completely normal
- Hi guys. My other response was the day I dropped my iPod in a bucket of water in the kitchen. It is about a week later now and it is perfectly fine! As soon as I took it out I dried it off and yeah you know the rest. But it worked! I just put it in a bowl of dry rice overnight and tried using it the next day. It worked, but I don't recommend doing this, I just missed it so much!
- —Guest Ilovepenguins
But I love my iPod!!
- This morning I dropped my iPod in a bowl of water in the kitchen. I freaked out and took it out and dried it off as quickly as I could. I have put it in some dry rice and now it is sitting on top of the TV, which is on, so that it will warm up. I really hope it will work and if it doesn't work in a few days I will try the hair dryer method. Hope this helps others in my position. Rice, TV and hairdryer. GOOD LUCK!! (to me too)
- —Guest Ilovepenguins
- I was at school playing in the snow and my iPod fell out of my pocket. It was a snowstorm that day and I just found it, but it's not working. How do I fix it? PLEASE HELP!!
- —Guest me
- My iPod got wet and I dried it off, of course, then. Now when I put it on the charger, it has to stay on to be able to work. What the heck do I do? It is only 3 months old.
- —Guest Hi
My iPod drowned in my purse
- My iPod was in my purse when the very large monster drink I put in there busted open.......it's in the bag of rice with my phone...hum, hope it works
- —Guest karen j
OMG MY LITTLE CUZ PEED ON MY IPHONE
- So my little cousin slept over my house (babysitting). When I put him in my bed to sleep he had my phone (didnt know :/ ) so when he woke up his pants were wet and something was buzzing. I looked around him and saw that my phone was spazzing and it had a notification saying something like this device is unrecognized. I took it, ran down my stairs (i kinda fell too) and put it in rice. It has been in rice for 5 days and still hasn't worked. Is there anything else I coud try? Any suggestions or solutions?
- —Guest moni
DONT EAT CEREAL WITH YOUR IPOD
- I was eating cereal while watching Netflix on my iPod. I accidentally dropped it & only half my iPod went into the milk, the half that has the home button, the charger thing & the headphone thing. It seemed fine but when I played Netflix again the sound didn't work! I tried the volume thing and it just said headphones! So now the only sound I get is through headphones ;(
- —Guest Nicole
Bubble Soap+iPod touch DON'T mix.. :(
- So today was Easter and we all got bubbles in our baskets. We got the bubbles out and were playing w/ the bubbles, soon after we left for church, forgetting to put away the bubbles. I guess I put my iPod in a splotch of soapy water. The day is over now, and I JUST found my iPod! It is currently sitting on my TV, anything else I should do? Please help. I saved for 2 years to get this. I'm 13 and don't want to save for another 2.
- —Guest So bummed
iPod in tub
- I was in my bathtub and I dropped my iPod in the water. I took my iPod touch out of the water really, really fast and dried it off really good. It works really good still and there's no problems with it.
- —Guest Luciana
1-15 of 254Next