If you're looking for tips about how to fix a wet iPhone or iPod, click the link above this paragraph for a few suggestions.
If your iPod or iPhone has gotten wet and you've done something about it, what worked for you in fixing it? What didn't work? This isn't a place to ask for help; instead use post here if you can share your experiences and help others save their devices.
If your wet device has dried, you may want to check out these articles for fixing common software problems:
Otherwise, read on:
Share Your Experiences
Rest in pee iPhone 4S?
- Hahaa.. I was about to go bathroom when my I phone fell out of my pocket into clean toilet water. I wasn't fast to react, took me about 5 mins before I could get the rice and now it's been in for a couple of hours and it's not working. Any tips? It's like my little baby, I'm lost without it. I have it in a bowl of rice and I took out the SIM card holder so it could let water out that end. I was slow reacting because I thought it wouldn't get wet inside... I was so wrong :(
- —Guest Nikki
Got soaked in milk
- So I had my iPhone 4 in my jacket pocket and got soaked in milk (long story) for several minutes before I realized the bottle was opened and then I couldn't get around the bottle to get to my phone. So, long story short, submerged in milk for about 6-8 minutes and now after soaking it in rice for two weeks everything except the screen works. A few minutes ago I faintly saw the screen while taking an aimless un-see-able pic and now I can't see it. Another problem, it's been so long I forgot my password.
- —Guest addi
- My 11-year-old sister, my mum, my brother and I were at the pool. Lily wrapped her iPod 4th gen in a towel to protect it from the light rain. Then, just when it was time to leave, Mum picked up the towel (not knowing that Lily's iPod was in it) and the iPod flung out and it dropped into the pool. It sunk to the bottom so it was in the water for at least 7 seconds. When she dived in and got it out of the water, she turned it off immediately. Lily is really sad now because all of her photos were on it. Please help ........!
- —Guest Jasmine
- I've had the iPhone 5S since December of last year and didn't have an issue at all with it. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that I started experiencing crashing problems specifically with Safari and it's annoying really. But most of the time I use the Google Chrome app and it makes a huge difference; haven't had an issue with Chrome yet. But there are a couple of websites that aren't compatible with Chrome and that's when the problem begins.
- —Guest Sam
- So I just got a new iPhone and I also got a Lifeproof case for it. The case worked fine. I tested it first then when I put my phone in the case. I put it underwater, barely any water got in, but now it says I have headphones on and I don't what do I do. Please help ASAP. I just got this phone and I want to fix it before my parents find out.
- —Guest Kiki
Help me, please
- I dropped my iPod in a fountain. It didn't stay in the water for more than ten seconds. I put it in rice and left it there for 24 hours... it won't turn on when I plug the charger in at all... I need help.. What do I do??
- —Guest Cheyenne
If you know, email me. I need help
- I dropped my iPod down the toilet. It's all fine except the sound. What shall I do? I'm begging for your help.
- —Guest Aaliyah
Doesn't turn on
- I put my iPhone in the rice bag for 2 days now and it wont turn on :'( What do I do?
- —Guest shreeya
- My iPod touch 4g dropped in my bathtub. I straight away got it out and it did not turn on. I don't have rice so I tried the hair dryer. Did not work. PLEASE HELP!
- —Guest Matt
- I had my phone attached to my headphones and was going to the bathroom when my phone fell off and landed in the toilet. I immediately got it out, turned it off and put it in a bowl of rice. I left it in there for a good 2 1/2 hours. After that time, I was able to do everything, except charge my phone. I turned my phone back off and left it over night and now am able to charge it again.
- —Guest Lichest
- I just dropped my phone in the toilet for about 5 seconds and put it in rice, but it still won't work! Should I put my phone back in rice?!?!?!
- —Guest hermione
- I was listening to music while taking a bath. My iPod was on top of the towel holder at least 2 inches away. It somehow fell inside the tub. I got it out quick and I dried it. Everything works perfectly fine except it doesn't make a sound and I can't listen to music anymore. What can I do to fix this ?!?
- —Guest Maria
Oh my god
- My iPod Classic got washed in washing machine. I let it dry for 1 hour but it didn't turn on and I tried to put it in a bag of rice. Maybe it will work ... hopefully :(
- —Guest wagalaw
- I dropped my iPod 4th generation in my bath and now the sound doesn't work properly. It keeps sliding down without me doing anything and the thing that shows volume doesn't go away after I turn up the volume :( Please help me.
- —Guest Lol it's me
- My IPhone 5S slipped off the side into the shower. However it did not turn off. I quickly dried it with a towel then put it under my hair dryer, and to my surprise I discovered the middle button had stopped working. It won't even allow me to access Siri so I can't open anything. I have restarted it several times and nothing has changed. If anyone has any advice please email me!!
- —Guest nina