From the article: Comparing Hardware, Software and Prices: iPhone vs. iPod touch
Did you have to decide between the iPhone and iPod touch when you were making your purchase? Which did you end up buying? What factors swayed you to the device you bought and away from the one you didn't? Share Your Reasons
Traded iPod for iPhone
- I had a Fouth gen iPod touch. I recently sold that and used the money to buy iPhone 4, beacause of its better features and calling capabilities. Using Straight Talk, I only pay $45 a month for cell service, so with this plan iPhone is more worth it that the iPod.
- —Guest Ryan
- "I only use an iPod because the calls and texts are free..." Unless you're not in the vicinity if a Wi-Fi signal...
- —Guest Sosroopud
iPod Touch duh!!!
- iTouch has call & text free. Even though worse video quality, at least it's FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- —Guest Mr.awesome
iPod 4th generation
- I think this one is great. Better things between the 2nd and 3rd is that on the third you can get Instagram and Snapchat and kik and ooVoo and many more, but the iPod 4 and 5 are the best. It would be better to lower the price A LOT.
- —Guest Bailey
iPod touch vs iPhone
- I use the iPod touch 5 and a Sierra Wi-Fi. I can call and text Canada and USA as much as I want, plus I get 10 GB of LTE data, all for $58 a month. I use a Bluetooth headset with it. Pretty cheap and works really well.
- —Guest Donna
- I got a iPhone, not am iPod because I need to text and call all of my friends, 24/7. I also need to text and call my boyfriend. I am 19, and my daddy is really rich, and I have a REALLY expensive car, so what is another $500? I mean, really, what the hell is an iPod to an iPhone?
- —Guest leeanasmith
Not a cellphone fan
- I only use a cellphone rarely to SMS and to have with me on dangerous roads or traveling long distances. The iPod touch 5th gen. gives me all I could want. Music as I go and ease of use, as I already have an iPad.
- —Guest Liz
Defo iPod touch
- My iPod touch is amazing! I can't feel it in my pocket, very fast, very high quality, the graphics and images are much better then my mom's iPhone and it can do everything a phone can do for free with the right apps, which are free. If you have to choose, defo go for iPod touch because it has better quality than an iPhone and can do everything a iPhone can do for free.
- —Guest izzy
- Even though the iTouch costs more, you still don't have to pay money to text and call. There are several apps in which you can text and call for free. Why pay money for service when you don't have to? The iTouch has all of the same features as the iPhone, too.
- —Guest Poppy
iPhone vs. iPod touch
- Because I didn't need to call anybody, the iPod was better value and was slimmer, lighter, and looking at the reviews, I decided overall better. :)
- —Guest Unknown
iPod Touch, no doubt
- SOOOOOOO going for iPod Touch! My friend has one, and it's insane! Great graphics, great sound, EPIC weight, and just plain awesome. iPhone..... Meh. I play with my mom's, and it's just frightening.
- —Guest Apple-Obsessed
- Thanks so much for doing all this work for me. The iPhone and the iPad need a lot of work to determine which served me best.
- —Guest Ronda Bonati
- After all that I read, I think an iPod touch is the best!!!! :) :) :)
- —Guest Mamamia522
- I am surprised GPS didn't get a mention. This is a huge feature allowing you to use it as a Tom Tom/Navman while on the road, out of reception or in the ocean with mapping software
- —Guest Guest
- To be honest, I would have chosen the iPhone, mainly because it upgrades from the iPod, but I have a 4th generation of the iPod touch (and the rest! I'm a huge Apple geek :D ) and I compared it to my iPhone, but iPod is so much more fun! The apps, iMessage, Facetime, seems so much better! The aweome features on the iPod, like the great audio quality, and Retina Screen, got me. iPOD FTW!!!!
- —Guest xx!!Captainawseome!!xx
1-15 of 57Next