From the article: Five Differences between 5th and 6th Generation iPod nano
With the 6th generation iPod nano, Apple radically transformed the nano. In doing so, though, it removed features and changed the way that you control the nano. Some people love the changes, others hate them. Which nano do you prefer, and why? Which Do You Prefer?
The 5th Gen By Far
- The 5th gen has a camera, video playback, a bigger screen, and even games! The only thing the 6th gen is good for is music, and the screen is so small that's a pain in the ass. The only reason you should get a 6th gen is if you want to wear it as watch (which I think personally is stupid).
- —Guest Gay Hippie
5th Generation FTW!
- In my opinion, the iPod nano 5th Generation is the best one of all the iPod nanos that were made! It is WAY better than the 6th.
- —Guest Alex Paras
iPod nano 5g is like magic
- I got the iPod nano 5th gen for a trip. I love it! It has a camera, you can play games on it, and you can record voice memos on it. I was amazed at the fact of recording voice memos! I never had an iPod nano 6th gen, but my suggestion is, don't buy the iPod nano 6th gen.
- —Guest Guest iPod nano 5th
- 5th gen is better, 'cause of its camera, games, and stuff, and it's bigger, that helps prevent damage. I have 6th gen and it was dropped one time and the screen was cracked. My cousin had 5th gen and I saw it dropped many times but the screen wasn't cracked. What a mistake I made. I bought that 'cause it's touchscreen like iPod touch. I thought it had the App Store--sooo disappointed. I should had waited for the 7th gen or just bought 5th gen... do not make my mistake.
- —Guest ITHOUGHTITHADGAMES
just make it simple!
- Why can't they just make the nano small like the 5th gen and put the Nike chip inside it like all the other iPods/iPhones? I can't run with a phone on my arm and if I did, the sweat would short out the phone or cause me break out from the phone holder. Just make it simple and easy to use.
- —Guest Chris Hoagland
which do you prefer: 5th or 6th nano?
- I like the iPod nano 5, but I like the 6th muuuuch better 'cause it is touchscreen.
- —Guest logan boulet
- I love my nano watch. I am always complimented for it. Music, pictures, radio, audio, fitness. Too bad no Bluetooth. Love it!
- —Guest MAG
- I like the iPod nano 6th generation. It's sleek and really nice. Also, I could wear it as a watch. But my concerns are that the 5th gen. had a camera and stronger battery.
- —Guest Stanley
- 5th gen. all the way. It's sleeker, better all the way x.
- —Guest Aisha
6th, different, better in many ways
- Having had a 1st, 4th, 5th, and now 6th, for me the 6th is my choice. Love the smaller size, the music processor is as good as the 1st and 4th...better than the 5th. The clickwheel is past its prime, and the mechanics of it make it more prone to failure. The radio has excellent reception. The touchscreen is easy to navigate. Its diminutive size tucks easily in the smallest pocket. Aficionados are snapping them up quickly, now that the 7th. gen is out. The 6th will become a "must have" quickly. Of course in the end, this is a personal choice, based on how a person uses their iPod, what other devices you have, such as a phone with a high-grade camera built in, or if your main reason for having a nano is as a stand alone music device. I currently have 100 GB of music in my iTunes library and less than a dozen videos. For me, it's the music. If videos were important, I'd put them on my iPod touch. Whatever one is your choice, we all love 'em for what they do best...play the music.
- —Guest Cloudtreker
Why oh Why
- I have a 6th Gen, and as good as it is for a small thing, it is stuck upside down and won't rotate back to the top!!?? Is it easily broken or is there a way to fix it? [Try this: http://ipod.about.com/od/howtos/qt/Rotate-6th-Generation-Ipod-Nano-Screen.htm -- Sam]
- —Guest Slight Apple Fan
Both are good, but 6th is WAY better
- 6th is small, fits everywhere, has a great menu, got rid of that 19th century wheel, and features everything I need from such a device.
- —Guest ipod nerd
What kind of question is this?
- I got a 6th gen for my birthday, I thought it was awesome until I found out it could not play video. Now I got a green 5th gen and I love it! It has videos, games, a camera, and much more! iPod nano 6th gen could only play music. Don't buy it.
- —Guest Ethan
- It is good. I like it. I'm getting a 7th. The sixth seems pointless. You lose video, a camera, and countless other things. I have the fifth and I loved those thing on it but the LCD has gone out, that's why I'm getting a 7th gen. Typing this on iPod touch, awhh yeah!!!
- —Guest Your mom
6th is hands-free
- I love the 6th. I can wear it as a watch, a pendant on a necklace, or clipped to clothing. It allows me to do something else with my hands. I don't have to worry that I drop it or lose it. It is the perfect size. If you want bigger, there is the iPod.
- —Guest Margareta
1-15 of 81Next