There are many great reasons to buy an iPod. From the usefulness to the coolness factor, millions and millions of people have thousands of answers. Share yours here: why do you buy an iPod? Share Your Reason
Not really sure why anyone would get one
- Got one for Christmas not too long ago. I am, honestly, not a big backer of iOS. It just doesn't suit my needs. The iPod isn't big enough for serious gaming, and isn't compatable with my MOGA, and can't even run very many emulators without jailbreaking. Besides, it's just another device to carry around. Decided to sell it after a few weeks.
- —Guest Wind
- I want one too, but I am not allowed one. I have even said I would pay half, but it is still a no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked around my bday as well!
- —Guest Emsie
I WANT ONE!!!
- My mom needs a good reason to get one... And I dont know what to say? Need help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- —Guest WAhhhhh
I want one
- My parents won't let me get one!!! But my dad still says no!!! I heard they are fun!!!
- —Guest ----------------------------a
Get it or don't!
- They're handy little buggers when you need to occupy a kid or search something on the Internet. I saved for one & pondered over getting one for a year and a half, then the iPod 5th Generation came out and I was sort of suckered into it...so glad I did though! They're lightweight, thin, and I love having my music with me wherever I go. Had mine since it first came out, and still love it. Since the I've acquired a later model iPhone (given to me) and at first I thought, great, what's the use for my iPod now? But having both means you can have tons of games and music, without cluttering up your iPhone, and you can listen to your music on the go without worrying about being stranded if your battery dies. I definitely recommend! But again, if you're an Apple hater, don't get it! By all means, stick with Android. Some people just like the simplicity of Apple products better.
- —Guest Alana
Buy an iphone
- Should just buy an iPhone. It can do everything an iPod does and makes a phone call. Also they are much cheaper and easier to fix when you drop it. Save an extra hundred or so dollars, and get something that makes sense. You could also buy an Android device and get so much more out of it. IPods are useless to be honest. I don't see a reason to get one when you can just get an iPhone that does all the stuff the iPod can do. Doesn't make sense to me...
- —Guest Really apple?
- iPod is fun and it is cool and it is fantastic. Can't that little thing do anything we want?
- —Guest Dan the man
- I want one, but my parent's won't get me one. I tried everything! I know the iPod's supposed to be awesome and stuff so I want to get it, but I have to use my own money!!!!!
- —Guest xoblahblah
- Seriously limited by Apple. A Droid does twice as much at half the price. And it is insurable. And if you know how to do it, everything is free.
- —Guest rtrice
Yeah...why would you need one?
- So you spend a load of money, sometimes not even your own but pressure parents into spending it, for a device which lets you play little games, be on Facebook (because you are just SOOO important and just HAVE to tell all those other REALLY important people how important you all are, right?) and listen to music? That is it? I see ... society is breaking down fast. People do not make real friends anymore. So, what else is the iPod for? Hmmm ... yeah, pretty much useless actually. I get an MP3 player for $20 for the gym, have a Flash drive for all the music I ever would want and plug it in to my car stereo. total cost = $30. And guess what? I play REAL games with my kids and do NOT feel the need to share my 'so important' life online so people can leave fake comments on my pictures. Yeah ... no need for an iPod, iPad. But, go ahead ... buy 'em. And don't forget to text while you drive. I don't want to die being hit by you, while you are posting what odor your last fart had, Mr./Ms. SoImportant.
- —Guest Not Important
- my first iPod when I was sent to the Philippines on business for a month. With an 80 GB 5th generation, I was able to load up with tunes and video and it kept me company all through the 20+ hour flights. In addition, I was able to add pictures of my wife and family for the lonely times. It really converted me into an Apple fan. Now, we have an iMac, two iPhones, 2 iPads, and that original iPod, while relegated to life on the dock, is still plugging along.
- —Guest Bubba
Christmas gift '10 8 year old daughter
- I am not a rich woman, but she had asked for one for both her birthday and Christmas combined. So iPod touch 4.1. Close to $350 when insured and I thought it was way overpriced. HOWEVER with a Wi-Fi hotspot carried along with it, I can use it as a cell phone which was completely not expected. The app is $30 a year. I watch HBO GO, CW, Showtime. So many fun games. Apps that encourage my sister's autistic son to interact. GPS mapping for traveling. Web Browsing. She was 7, I am 29. All the electronic devices this duplicates, time to get one for myself.
- —Guest MCA_SAYS
It's great at first
- I have never had a problem with my iPod! I pretty much love it! The only problem is that after having it for 2 years the battery life is terrible. It went from having to charge it every 4 days to charging it everyday. ): I'm thinking about replacing the battery but I'm not sure yet
- —Guest Momo
...A LOT OF REASONS!!!
- Seriously, if you have nothing good to say don't say it...
Anyway: I bought an iPod Touch because I lost my old MP3 player, I didn't buy it for the music though... I bought it for the games and Apps. My sister has one and before I got mine I used to borrow hers until I got better in a game and she put a passcode on it. So I bought one for myself. Then I bought a case and other stuff so that when I started High School again it's not going to be scratched. I bought it because I like games and apps and reading so I especially like the books... I think you should only buy an iPod if you really know that you want it. I spent nights finding the right model to buy for myself and I did my research well because I know that I am really happy with my ipod touch...
Do your research on all the models and generations so you get one that suits you best for your life time
Make sure you have a budget for what you spend for your iPod(mine is $200-300)
Choose it because it's compatible with you
- —Guest Rosalina Gurnsey
the grat reason
- You need to buy an iPod because it's made from China, where the employees are in extreme stress condition, with low pay per month.
- —Guest santos