From the article: Top 9 Things to Buy When you Buy iPod touch
When you buy a new iPod, there are all kinds of other purchases to consider. Are you a fan of iPod accessories and load up on them? Do you play it safe and always buy an AppleCare extended warranty? Let us know what you think are the essential add-on purchases when you buy an iPod. What Do You Buy?
- Definitely get the case, screen protector, and wall charger! I love my iPod.
- —Guest annonymous
Get a screen protector
- It's absolutely necessary to get a screen protector because if the screen gets scratched, it can't be fixed. I learned this the hard way with my touch 4G. The screen has a scratch down the middle that distorts the image. For my 5G, I got a screen protector, and so far the screen is mint quality.
- —Guest Mahboi
iPod touch, simply the best device :D
- I love my iPod touch, I simply do. I first had an iPod 1st gen (2001) then the iPod 2nd gen (2002) and then I bought an iPhone 3G in 2008. My father keeps buying Apple things, and then he gives them to me. In December 2011, it was my birthday, and I didn't knew what to ask for. Then, I remembered that the iPod touch with 8GB was just for 199€ (in Portugal) so I went to fnac and my dad bought me one, but, when I has in the car I looked at it and it was an iPod touch 64GB!! Now I use it everyday because of the OpenGL S2 graphics that my iPhone 3G doesn't have. I am writing this from my iPod touch and it is easier for me because of the dictionary, or should I say, multi-dictionary :D For my iPod I have a case, but one day I didn't use it and my iPod's screen now is broken a bit :( but I'll never quit on it :) I have a case, speakers, great headphones and the wall charger. This weekend my dad gave me the 3rd gen iPod (2003) and next week I hope he gives me the 4th gen iPod (2004). I collect them :D
- —Guest iPod gamer
- Another great thing to buy for your iPod is a dock. It chargers it and it's also a speaker and some have the radio and also an alarm. That's why I think you need to get one for your iPod.
- —Guest Lill
iPod touch is the best, Apple are worst
- Best thing to get with an iPod touch is the Sonos system. I already had a Sonos system and while their controllers are OK, the iPod app for Sonos is stunning. I use my iPod touch to control streams on my Sonos and I use the line in from an AirPort to send anything else I want over my Sonos system from my iPod touch or any computer using AirPlay. My iTouch has unlocked my Sonos and my music world. Without a doubt the iPod touch is the single most significant development this century. It changes how we control everything.
- —Guest The best
- I thought that I didn't need headphones but when I tried my friend's I was amazed at how much better they fit in my ear and of course the sound quality was the main thing that was the biggest difference. So I think that having earphones are a big yes. Also you should always have a case--just in CASE!
- —Guest King
- earphones, car charger, case, screen protector, dock
- —Guest anonymous
- I keep a wall charger with me all the time, especially at work, with music, movies and games usable anywhere I am using my touch constantly. I have 2 and have bought 5 others as gifts for family/ friends, all 4th generation. My 3G iPhone is a good phone, but my touch is indispensable !!!
- —Guest iPod lover
cheap accessories that work great
- I bought a car charger and separate cord at Pep Boys auto accessories, to connect my iPod Touch to my car stereo. They were very reasonable (9.99 ea I think) and work great. You don't need the expensive Apple ones. I also bought a hard shell case at TJ Maxx that came with a screen protector, and it has saved my iPod from breaking on the times I've dropped it. I paid less than ten bucks for that as well. My kids use the soft rubbery protectors which don't stay on well and are hot to hold. I prefer the hard shell case.
- —Guest iPod Touch Freak
- Obviously you'd have to get a case, a screen protector and other things to keep your ipod touch safe, unscratched and beautiful because you bought it to last a life time... I totally agree with the other guy "wtf" because I think that the earphones are great. If you like to listen to your ipod while you drive you need a carkit and if you want to keep your sweat of your ipod while you exercise then you might as well get an armband. If your loud and like your party music loud get speakers! :)
- —Guest Rosalina Gurnsey
- Why would you buy another group of headphones, the volume and sound on the included Apple ones are amazing. Thats the reason you get an iPod and not a Zune or another MP3 player so use their headphones. You should get a speck case though if you care about how your iPod looks and you dont want it to look like it has been through a battle with a cat.
- —Guest bill
well you need...........
- headphones, car kit, case, speakers and the batteries for the speakers and the dock
- —Guest sarah jenwarden
Exercise Accessories and Headphones
- 95% of my ipod listening happens when I'm out on a run or on some sort of loud public transit vehicle, so the two things I couldn't live without are my armband to keep it secure and safe from sweat and tumbles and some nice noise-canceling headphones for when I'm on the bus, train, or plane. I keep the ipod headphones and use them when I run outside, though! Don't want to be too distracted and unable to hear traffic and people around me!
- —Guest Runner