Web clips are a feature of iPhone software 1.1.3 and higher that function like shortcuts to specific webpages. They can save users who visit the same sites frequently time and a lot of taps.
Making iPhone Web Clips
Making an iPhone web clip is simple. Here's how:
- Browse to the site you want to turn into a clip and tap the Action Box (the square with the arrow coming out of it) at the bottom center of the web browser window.
- Tap the Add to Home Screen button.
- Edit the name of the clip and then tap Add.
If you go to the iPhone's home screen, you'll see the new clip and will be able to use it as a shortcut to that site from now on.
The clip can be moved around the home screens using the standard iPhone home screen rearrangement steps.
Deleting iPhone Web Clips
To delete an iPhone web clip, do the following:
- Tap and hold on the Web Clip until the icons start to shake.
- Tap the X" icon on the web clip.
- Confirm that you want to delete the clip.
- When the clip is gone, tap the iPhone’s home button to stop the icons shaking.