Unfortunately, it's pretty common for iPods (and iPhones and iPads, too) to freeze up. When that happens, the question you'll be asking is "what do I do if my iPod freezes up?" The answer is the same as when your computer freezes up: restart it.
The way you restart a frozen iPod, iPhone, or iPad depends on which model you have. Read on for links to instructions for every model.
- iPod touch, all models
- iPod nano, 6th and 7th generation | Not sure if you have these models? Read the 6th gen. description | Read the 7th gen. description
- iPod nano, 1st through 5th generation
- iPod Shuffle, 1st-4th generation models
- iPod Classic, aka 6th generation iPod | Not sure if you have this model? Read its description
- iPod video, aka 5th generation iPod | Not sure if you have this model? Read its description
- Clickwheel & Photo iPod, aka 3rd generation and 4th generation iPod | Not sure if you have these models? Read their descriptions: 3rd generation ; 4th generation
- iPod mini, all models
- Original iPods, 1st and 2nd generation models | Not sure if you have these models? Read their descriptions: 1st generation ; 2nd generation
- iPhone, all models
- iPad, all models | Not sure if you have this model? Read the descriptions: 1st generation iPad; iPad 2
Got a tech support question? Ask it in the discussion forums.
Want tips like this delivered to your inbox every week? Subscribe to the free weekly iPhone/iPod email newsletter.