If your iPod Classic isn't responding to clicks, it's probably frozen up. Just like when your computer freezes up, to fix your iPod you'll need to restart it. Resetting a frozen iPod Classic is pretty easy; here's how:
- Slide the Hold switch, the switch at the top left of the iPod, to "on" (so it's showing the orange). Then slide it back to hide the orange.
- Hold down the Menu and center buttons at the same time.
- Hold them for 6-8 seconds, or until the Apple logo shows up on the screen.
- Let go of the buttons at this point. The Classic is restarting.
- You may need to hold down the buttons again if the iPod still isn't unfrozen.
Got a tech support question? Ask it in the discussion forums.
Want tips like this delivered to your inbox every week? Subscribe to the free weekly iPhone/iPod email newsletter.