There are a ton of terrific programs available at the App Store, many of them for really great prices. As a result, you may find yourself buying a lot of them. But what happens when you realize that you just don’t want that program on your phone anymore or that you’ve mastered a game? You’ll need to remove the program from your phone. Here’s how to do it.
Time Required: 1-2 minutes
- Begin by syncing your iPhone 3G, first-generation iPhone, or iPod touch with your computer.
- In iTunes’ sync screen, the far left tab is Applications. Go to it.
- In that tab, you’ll see a list of all the programs you have on your computer. Those with check marks next to them are installed on your phone or iPod. To remove the program, uncheck the box next to it.
- The click the Apply button at the bottom of the screen. This will resync your device and remove the programs you unchecked. Voila – no more useless programs or long-since-conquered games!
- And no worries – you’ve only removed the program from your device, not permanently deleted it. The program will still live on your computer (unless you delete it there).