Across the top of the iPod management screen are a number of tabs that allow you to manage the content you sync to your iPod. Exactly which tabs are present depend on what iPod model you have and what its capabilities are. One tab that all iPods have is Music.
If you don't already have music loaded on your computer, there are a few ways to get it:
Once you've got music, your options for syncing it are:
- Sync Music - Check this to be able to sync music.
- Entire Music Library does what it sounds like: it adds all your music to your iPod. If your iTunes library is larger than your iPod's storage, iTunes will add a random selection of your music.
- Selected playlists, artists, and genres lets you decide what music is loaded on your iPod.
- When you choose this, iTunes only syncs music selected in the four boxes below to your iPod. Sync playlists from the box on the left or all music by a given artist via the boxes on the right. Add all music from a given genre, or from a particular album, in the boxes at the bottom.
- Include music videos syncs music videos to your iPod, if you have any.
- Automatically fill free space with songs fills any empty storage on your iPod with songs that you're not already syncing.
To commit these changes, click the "Apply" button at the bottom right. To make more changes before you sync, click another tab at the top of the window (this works for every type of content).