Help for iPods, iPhones, iPads, and iTunes
By Sam Costello, About.com Guide
When things go right with iTunes, it's a simple, powerful program. But when they go wrong, they can go powerfully wrong and be pretty tricky to fix. These articles offer support for some common problems and links to even more troubleshooting advice.
- Installing An iTunes Update
- Recovering iTunes After a Hard Drive Crash or Theft
- Fixing the iTunes Exclamation Point
- How To Convert iTunes Files to MP3
- Get Support for iTunes Purchases by Reporting a Problem
- Can You Redownload an iTunes Store Purchase?
- Using Multiple iPods on One Computer
- How to Transfer iTunes Library to Another Computer
Ever look down at your iPhone to find that the icons are wiggling, that they suddenly got huge, or that your screen is white and unresponsive? Then these articles are for you. They'll help you out of common iPhone trouble spots.
- Make Sure You Have the Latest iOS Update
- Fixing an iPhone White Screen
- iPhone Icons are Shaking – What’s Happening?
- How to Fix Huge iPhone Icons
- iPhone SIM Card Is Not Recognized
- Can iPhones Get Viruses?
- How to Restore iPhone From Backup
- Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
- Tips for iPhone Voice Control
Compared to the iPhone or iTunes, not much goes wrong with iPods. But when something does go awry, you want to fix it fast. Here's how.
- How to Update iPod Software
- How to Fix iPod touch White Screen
- How to Restore iPod to Factory Settings
- Setting Up FaceTime for iPod Touch
- How to Connect iPod touch to WiFi
iPhone and iPod Manuals
In this digital age, printed user manuals are a thing of the past. For those that still like to have the manual for their products at hand, here are download links for the current crop of iOS devices.
Restarting Frozen iPods, iPhones, and iPads
When problems crop up, would you believe that just restarting the iPod, iPhone, or iPad is often all that's needed to cure what ails your device? It's true. Here's how to perform restarts.
Battery Life and Tips
Because iOS devices are well made, their batteries are likely to fail before any other part does. With some smart tips you can make those batteries last longer. But, when the time comes that your battery dies for good, it's important to know your options.
- 12 Tips to Extend iPhone Battery Life
- 10 Tips to Extend iPod touch Battery Life
- How Long Do iPod Batteries Last?
- Your Options for Replacing an iPod Battery
- Why Are iPod Batteries Not User-Replaceable?
- 10 Tips to Conserve iPad Battery Life
- Does Apple Provide iPad Battery Replacement?
Dealing with Theft & Damage
No one likes to think of their iPod or iPhone being stolen, but it happens. From insuring your device to using web-based software to track a thief, these articles will help prevent theft and damage to your iOS device.