Recording a new voicemail greeting on the iPhone is much easier than with other mobile phones, thanks to the iPhone’s interface. Rather than calling into your voicemail system, hitting some keys, and then talking, the iPhone’s visual interface guides you through the process of recording and reviewing your voicemail greeting in just a few easy steps. Here’s how:
Time Required: 3-5 minutes
- Tap the phone icon from the iPhone’s home screen.
- Tap the voicemail icon at the far right.
- Tap the “Greeting” icon at the top left.
- The next screen will show you whether you are using the default greeting or a custom one.
- To record a new custom greeting, just click the record button at the bottom left. Speak your greeting into the iPhone and then click “done.”
- To listen to the greeting, click “play” at the bottom left.
- To use that greeting, click the “save” button in the top right. If you’re not happy with it and want to try a new one, just click “record” and talk again.
- To cancel and use your existing greeting, tap “cancel” in the top left.