Recording a new voicemail greeting (aka an outgoing message) on the iPhone is much easier than with some other mobile phones, thanks to the iPhone's interface. Rather than calling into your voicemail system, hitting some keys, and then talking, the iPhone's visual interface guides you through the process of recording and reviewing your voicemail greeting in just a few easy steps. Here’s how:
Time Required: 3-5 minutes
- Tap the Phone app from the iPhone's home screen.
- Tap the Voicemail button at the far right.
- Tap the Greeting button at the top left.
- The next screen will show you whether you are using the default greeting or a custom one.
- To record a new custom greeting, just tap the Record button. Speak your greeting into the iPhone and then tap Save (iOS 7 and higher) or Done (iOS 6 and lower).
- To listen to the greeting, tap Play at the bottom left.
- To use that greeting, tap the Save button in the top right. If you're not happy with it and want to try a new one, just tap Record and speak again.
- To cancel and use your existing greeting, tap Cancel in the top left.
- To use your custom greeting, make sure the Custom menu is checked.