Just as Apple made listening to your voicemail better with the iPhone’s Visual Voicemail feature, so, too, is undeleting email on the iPhone better. Thanks to the way the phone works, you have a longer window in which to undelete an email before it’s permanently lost.
The iPhone will periodically clear deleted voicemails (syncs are prime occasions for this kind of clearing), but if you accidentally deleted a voicemail, want it back, and haven’t synced your phone recently, here’s how to get that message back:
- Tap the Phone icon.
- Tap the Voicemail icon in the bottom right.
- In the voicemail list, if you have deleted messages that haven’t been cleared, you’ll see an item at the bottom called “Deleted Messages.” Tap it.
- Here you’ll see all the voicemails you’ve deleted that are still on your phone. Tap the voicemail you want to undelete to highlight it.
- Tap the “Undelete” button at the bottom left.
- Tap the Voicemail arrow icon at the top left to be returned to the main Visual Voicemail window and that voicemail will be present, safe, sound, and ready for listening.