The iPhone phone app allows you to create a list of frequently called phone numbers called Favorites. With favorites, you simply tap the name of the person you want to call and the call is placed. No more struggling remembering what "quick dial" number your phone has assigned to your mom and accidentally calling work!
Here's how to add and rearrange names and numbers to your iPhone's Favorites list:
- Tap the phone icon from the iPhone's the home screen.
- Tap the Favorites icon at the bottom left.
- Click the "plus" icon at the top right to add favorites.
- This will bring up your full contacts list. Scroll through it or jump to a letter to find the contact you want. When you've found the name, tap it.
- This will bring up the contact's information, including all their phone numbers. Tap the phone number you want to make a favorite.
- That name and phone number are now listed in your "Favorites" menu. Next to the person's name is a small note indicating whether the number is work, home, mobile, etc.
- To rearrange the order of your Favorites, go to the phone app and tap the "Edit" button in the top left.
- This will bring up a screen with red icons to the left of the favorites and an icon that looks like a small stack of three lines on the right.
- Tap the three-line icon and hold it. The Favorite you've selected will become active (when active, it appears to be slightly above the other Favorites).
- Drag the Favorite to the position in the list you want it to have and let it go.
- Click "done" in the top left and your favorites will be reordered.