Buying music from the iTunes WiFi Music Store is a joy. It’s simple, fast, and fun. Here’s how you do it.
- Make Sure You Have a Compatible Device - The iTunes WiFi Music Store works on the iPhone and iPod touch with firmware version 1.1.1. Anything else won’t work.
- Connect to a WiFi Network - You can only access the WiFi Music Store when connected to a WiFi network, so find one and start buying.
- Access the Store and Find Content - To access the store, just tap the purple arrow icon in the bottom right corner of the iPhone or iPod touch’s home screen. At the store, you’ll be shown some featured music and given the chance to browse the store. You can look at various Top Ten lists or search the store by tapping the icons at the bottom of the screen.
Previewing and Buying Music - Once you’ve found the song or album you want, you can preview songs just like at the regular iTunes Store. Tap the name of a song to hear a preview. Tap it again to stop the preview.
To buy a song or album, tap the price next to it. A button that reads “Buy Now” will appear. To dismiss the button, tap anywhere on the screen other than on the button. To make the purchase, tap that button.
If this is your first purchase from the WiFi Music Store, you’ll need to enter your iTunes Store password, but won’t have to do that again.
- Wait for Download - You won’t wait long. Most songs download in under 10 seconds. You can watch the progress of your download in the Downloads section, accessed through the button on the bottom right of the screen.
- Listen to Your Music - Once the download is complete, a “Purchased” button will appear in the top-right corner of the Downloads screen. Tap that to go to your list of music purchased from the iTunes WiFi Music Store. The music is in that playlist and on your iPod, so listen away.
- Sync for Device - When you sync your iPhone or iPod touch with your iTunes library, the songs you bought will be automatically added to your library. Enjoy!