This version of iTunes was introduced in July 2010, and added support for the iPhone 4. In addition to support for that hardware, it introduced software features including:
- Syncing iBooks 1.1 files to iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 4
- Support for PDFs in iBooks 1.1 on iOS 4
- Creating folders to organize apps in iTunes
- Faster backups under iOS 4
- Speed improvements in the display of album artwork
It also fixed bugs related to incompatible third-party plugins, sync performance, encrypted backups during upgrades, and general stability and performance problems.
It is compatible with iOS devices running iOS 4.1 and earlier. Users of iOS 4.2 and higher must use iTunes 10.
Release Date: July 19, 2010
iTunes 9.2 Requirements: Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later; Windows XP SP2 or later, 32-bit Windows Vista, 32-bit Windows 7, 64-bit Windows 7, 64-bit Windows Vista