For such a complex device, the iPhone is pretty easy to use. Still, no matter how many smart people are involved in making it, things are bound to go wrong. From the minor (programs crashing) to the major (the iPhone screen going white), there are solutions for all these problems. This page collects the iPhone help articles from across this site into a single reference.
Restart, Reset, Restore from Backup
It’s surprising how many iPhone problems can be solved by simply restarting or resetting the iPhone. When those options don’t work, sometimes deleting all data from the iPhone and restoring from a backup will do the trick.
- How to Turn Off the iPhone
- How to Reboot or Restart the iPhone
- How to Erase or Reset iPhone Data and Settings
- How to Restore iPhone From Backup
Battery issues are among the most vexing on the iPhone. As a device that’s used a lot, and has many features – from phone to web browser to iPod – the battery drains quickly. You’ll want to start by learning how to conserve the iPhone battery, but when battery troubles strike, here are some answers.
- 12 Tips to Extend iPhone Battery Life
- What Does Red iPhone Battery Icon Mean?
- iPhone Battery Icon Isn’t Changing
- Why Won’t iPhone Battery Charge When Connected to iMac Keyboard?
- Disable iPhone and iPod Auto-Syncing
- Is the iPod Battery Replaceable? (Technically this is about the iPod, but it basically holds true for the iPhone, too)
The iPhone doesn’t have “phone” in the name for nothing. Its phone features are at the heart of the device. These tips will help you avoid some common, and annoying, pitfalls of using the iPhone.
- Use iPhone Silent Mode or Vibrate By Turning Off the iPhone Ringer
- I’m Missing Calls Because My iPhone Isn’t Ringing
- iPhone Tips: Stop Accidental iPhone Hang Ups
- Assign iPhone Ringtones to Contacts
- How to Undelete iPhone Voicemails
- iPhone SIM Card Is Not Recognized
The iPhone has always been a good phone, but it became infinitely more useful with the debut of third-party programs through the App Store. Still, apps aren’t without their problem areas, so a little iPhone app help is sometimes in order.
- How to Quit iPhone Programs
- How to Quit a Frozen Program on the iPhone
- Dealing with iPhone Browser Crashes
- Fixing iPhone Program Crashes and Stability Issues
- My iPhone Email Won't Download
- Troubleshooting Remote on the iPhone or iPod touch
Miscellaneous iPhone Help
There are lots of iPhone help topics that don’t group neatly into a single category. That doesn’t make them any less important.
- Fixing an iPhone White Screen
- My iPhone Icons are Shaking – What’s Happening?
- Rearranging the iPhone Home Screen Icons
- Checking for the Latest iPhone Firmware
- Take An iPhone Screenshot
Security and Preventing Theft
You won’t need any iPhone help if your phone gets stolen or hacked into. Learn how to prevent either of those unpleasant events.
- Tips for iPod touch and iPhone Security
- Preventing iPod Theft: Tips to Avoid Having Your iPod Stolen (these tips apply to the iPhone, too)