The iPad is quite a device. It's the best around-the-house web browsing tool, a terrific gaming plaform, an eBook reader, and much more. Even if you’ve had an iPod or iPhone, setting up and using the iPad is a bit different. There’s a lot to learn, of course, but these tutorials, how-tos, and tips are what you’re likely to need to know in the early days of having an iPad.
The basics: Getting the required software and accounts, andunderstanding the iPad's hardware, and then setting up your iPad and getting started.
- Install iTunes on Mac | on Windows
- Create an iTunes Account
- Anatomy of the Apple iPad
- How to Set Up an Apple iPad
- Set up Find My iPad to locate lost/stolen iPad
2. Using iPad
In some ways, the iPad is designed to go head to head with Amazon's Kindle and Barnes and Noble's nook eReaders. These articles compare the three, and help you use the iPad to replace shelves of books.
The iPad is generally pretty easy to use, but sometimes things go wrong. When they do, these articles will help you fi them.
- Can You Jailbreak iPad?
- All About Jailbreaking & Unlocking
- How to Fix a Frozen iPad
- 10 Tips to Conserve iPad Battery Life
- Does Apple Provide iPad Battery Replacement?
- iPad Battery Won't Charge Through Keyboard
Got a tech support question? Ask it in the discussion forums.
Want tips like this delivered to your email every week? Subscribe to the free weekly email.