This image shows Apple's 6th-generation iPod nano. It features a front and side view of the nano, labeling the hardware features explained below. Knowing what each one does, and how to orient yourself when reading about the nano, will help you get the most out of the device.
- Volume - Control the volume of the nano's audio playback with these buttons.
- Sleep/Wake - This button locks the nano, dims its screen, and then wakes it up again.
- Dock Connector - Plug in a USB cable here to sync the nano with your computer.
- Headphone Jack - Plug headphones in here (obviously, right?).
- Clip - The clip on the back of the nano lets you attach it to your clothes for easy portability, without a case.