Just like on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, you can re-arrange the icons on the 6th generation and 7th generation iPod nano to present your favorite apps on the homescreen. Here's how.
Time Required: A minute or less
- Wake the nano by clicking the sleep/wake button on the top right edge.
- If you're not already there, get to the nano's homescreen by swiping to the right until it appears.
- Tap the app you want to move and hold it until the icons begin shaking.
- Drag the apps to where you want them. This can be on the same screen or to a new screen. To move an app to another screen, drag it to the right or left edge of the screen. While the nano only comes pre-configured with a couple of screens, you can add more by continuing to drag apps to the edge of the last screen (that is, if you have two screens, create a third by dragging an app of the right edge of the second screen).
- When the icons are moved into the positions you want, click the sleep/wake button (6th gen. model) or the home button (7th gen. model) to save the new arrangement.