You're the proud owner of a new iPhone. Not only is the iPhone a great gadget, it's also a very useful tool. You're going to enjoy it.
You may be asking yourself, though, where to begin. Even if you've had an iPod, setting up and using the iPhone is a bit different. This page walks you through the steps that you'll find most useful in the early stages of setting up and using your iPhone.
There's a lot more to learn, of course, but these tutorials, how-tos, and tips are what you're likely to need to know in the early days of having an iPhone.
These are the basics: making sure you have the required software and accounts, and then how to use them to set up your iPhone and get started.
- Install iTunes on Mac | on Windows
- Create an iTunes Account
- iPhone Activation Guide
- How to Sync iPhone
- Set up Find My iPhone to locate lost/stolen iPhones
- Set Up and Use iCloud
Once you've set up your iPhone, the next step is to learn how to use the core, built-in apps that do the crucial things: make calls, get and send email, browse the web, and more. Learn how to use:
Once the iPhone is set up, you'll want to learn how to do some basic things. The most basic are pretty intuitive, but these articles will help you go deeper.
- Get Songs from CD to iPhone
- Buying Music at iTunes Store
- Making Playlists
- How Many Times Can I Burn iTunes Playlists?
- The Best iPhone FM Car Transmitters
- Creating Playlists with iTunes Genius
- Using iTunes Genius to Discover New Music
- Using iTunes Radio on iOS
- Best Streaming Music Apps
- Best Free Music Apps
Apps are probably the thing that make the iPhone so much fun. These articles will help you learn how to get and use apps, and guide you in which to choose.
Just like any computer, sometimes things go wrong with the iPhone. When they go wrong, it's good to know how to fix them.
Once you've mastered the basics, check out these articles for tips on using the iPhone more effectively and discovering some of its cool, hidden features.
- iPhone Tethering Set Up & FAQ
- Using the iPhone Battery Meter
- iPhone Insurance
- How to Set Ringtones
- How To Record an iPhone Voicemail Greeting
- How to Sync iPhone Over Wi-Fi
- How to Make iOS 7 Text Larger and More Readable
- Enabling Emoji
Got a tech support question? Ask it in the discussion forums.
Want tips like this delivered to your email every week? Subscribe to the free weekly email.