The holiday season is exciting for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users: there's the possibility of getting new hardware, music or video, and thanks to the App Store, a huge array of exciting programs and games to run on your devices. And, because they're so inexpensive, apps make great small gifts.
Just as giving music and movies through the iTunes Store is pretty easy, giving apps is easy, too. Here's how:
- Go to iTunes and make sure you're logged into your iTunes account (or, if you don't have one, create one. You'll need to do this in order to pay for the gift).
- Select the App Store
- Search or browser until you've found the app that you want to give as a gift
- Click the arrow next to the price of the app
- In the menu that pops up, click Gift This App
- You'll be taken to a form that lets you say who the gift is for and add a message
- You'll also choose whether to send the gift by email or to print out the gift information so you can deliver it yourself.
- When you're done, click Continue.
If you want your gift to be a surprise, remember that if you give the gift by email, the person getting it will know right away. To preserve the surprise, print out the gift information and give that instead.