On the setup page, you'll see a form to fill out to create the allowance. The fields are:
- Your name and The recipient’s name - these should be pretty obvious.
- The amount of the monthly allowance - this can be US$10-$50/month
- Send the money now or at the beginning of the next month - either start the allowance right away or on the first of the next month
- If the recipient of the allowance didn’t have an iTunes account or Apple ID in Step One, you can create it by selecting "Create Apple Account."
- Creating an Apple ID for the allowance recipient is ideal because iTunes accounts have to have credit cards associated with them, whereas Apple IDs don't. This is important because someone with an Apple ID and iTunes Allowance can only spend the amount of the allowance each month, whereas someone with a credit card in their iTunes account can spend the allowance, but also bill additional purchases to the credit card on file. This could result in unexpected charges for you.
- Lastly, you have the option to add a message to be delivered via email along with the allowance.
Click "Continue" and you will have set up an iTunes Allowance for a lucky person.