Some CDs are designed to listened to without the short gaps of silence between songs. These are called "gapless" tracks or CDs and they include some classical music recordings and concert recordings, among others.
When you're burning a CD in iTunes, you may need to ensure that the CD you’re burning is gapless so that it plays back the way it was meant to sound. Here's how to burn a gapless CD in recent versions of iTunes:
- Follow the standard steps for burning a CD. These include making a playlist, adding songs to it, and inserting a blank CD.
- When you click the Burn Playlist to Disc button, a window will pop up.
- In the window, there will be a menu labeled Gap Between Songs. The drop-down menu next to it lets you choose how long the silence between songs will be. For a gapless CD, choose 0 seconds.
- Click Burn and your gapless CD will be created.
What You Need
- A blank CDR
- An iTunes library with music in it
- A CD/DVD drive that can burn CDs