When you no longer like a song or album, or need to free up some hard drive space on your computer or iPod, you'll need to delete songs in iTunes.
This is a very simple process. Begin by going to your iTunes library and finding the song, songs, or album you want to delete.
- To delete a single song, click on it.
- To delete multiple songs next to each other, hold down the Shift key while you click them.
- To delete multiple non-contiguous songs, hold down the Command key (on a Mac) or the Control key (on Windows) while you click the songs.
- To delete an album, click on the album title.
- To delete all music by the artist, click on the artist's name.
When you’ve selected the items to delete, you can do one of three things:
- Hit the "delete" key on the keyboard.
- Go to the Edit menu and choose "delete."
- Right-click and choose "delete" (Mac) or "send to recycling bin" (Windows).
Note: Deleting songs from iTunes will remove them from your iPod the next time you sync your iPod. If you just want to remove a song from your iPod, but keep it in your iTunes library, you need to sync only selected songs.