What were the best iPhone apps you used in 2012? Want to see those can't-live-without-them apps get recognized for how good they are? Feel the same way about any iPhone or iPod accessories? Then let your voice be heard. About.com's 2013 Readers' Choice Awards showcases the best products, features and services in multiple categories, from technology to hobbies to parenting. And the winners are decided on by you--the readers!
You can nominate--and then vote for finalists--for products, services, and other things on dozens of participating sites from across the entire About.com network. Each site conducts its own individual awards nomination and voting process, and names its own winners.
Vote for something in the categories on at least one form (you're welcome to nominate something in every form, if you'd like) to have your favorite iPhone or iPod accessory or app counted for our 2013 Readers' Choice Awards for iPhone/iPod.
There are two rounds to the Awards. First, the nomination round determines the 4 or 5 most worthy apps or accessories in each category. Those 4 or 5 then move on to the finals, where your votes determine who takes home top prize.
In order to submit a nomination, you'll need to have and be logged into either your Facebook account, an About.com account (sign up for one here), or use your email address.
1. Votes will only be accepted through the official polls linked to below and in no other way. Votes supplied any other way will not be counted. No exceptions.
2. Votes are only accepted for iPhone or iPod apps, not iPad-only or Android-only apps. The same is true for accessories; these are iPhone/iPod awards, so only accessories for those products are eligible.
3. Feel free to vote for yourself, or your favorite apps and products, and spread the word about the Awards to your friends, colleagues, and customers.
4. Every user is welcome to vote for products in any or all categories once every 24 hours during the voting period.
5. Attn Developers/Companies: You may not offer anything to people in order to induce them to vote for you. This includes, but is not limited to, free products, discounts, entries into contests, or any other offer that I deem not to be in the spirit of the awards. Decisions about what violates this rule are made at my sole discretion.
Vote for Your Favorites
You can vote for your favorite products in the following 16 app categories and 2 accessory categories:
THE WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED. See who won here.
- Best Overall iPhone App
- Best New iPhone App
- Best Business/Productivity App
- Best Comics App
- Best Educational App
- Best Game
- Best Kids App
- Best Music App
- Best News App
- Best Radio App
- Best Recipe App
- Best Ringtone App
- Best Running App
- Best Shopping App
- Best Texting App
- Best Travel App
The schedule for the 2013 Readers' Choice Awards is:
COMPLETE - Jan. 14: Nominations open. Remember to nominate every 24 hours
COMPLETE - Feb. 11, 11:59 pm Eastern: Nominations close
COMPLETE - Feb. 19: Finalists announced and voting opens
COMPLETE - March 19, 11:59 pm Eastern: Voting concludes
COMPLETE - March 27: Winners announced
Check back with iPhone/iPod at About.com on Feb. 19 to see if your favorite iPhone/iPod accessory or app made it through to the finals and to start casting your votes for finalists. You can also visit the About.com-wide awards page to learn about the award categories on other About.com network sites and how to nominate there.
Winners will be announced March 27. There's no prize--just the bragging rights that come with getting recognized by the readers of one of the biggest networks on the web.
Stay up to date on the Readers' Choice Awards throughout the process--and get useful tips, tricks, and reviews about the iPhone, iPod, and iTunes--by subscribing to the free weekly iPhone/iPod newsletter.