About.com's 2012 Readers' Choice Awards showcases the best products, features and services in multiple categories, from technology to hobbies to parenting. Votes will be accepted from Feb. 22 to March 21.
You can vote for products, features, services, and other things on participating sites across the About.com network. Each site conducts its own awards nomination and voting process.
Vote for something in the categories on at least one form (you're welcome to fill out every form, of course) to have your favorite iPhone/iPod accessory or app counted for our 2012 Readers' Choice Awards for iPhone/iPod.
1. Votes in the finals will only be accepted through the official voting forms linked to below and in no other way. Votes supplied any other way will not be counted.
2. Votes are only accepted for iPhone/iPod apps, not iPad-only or Android-only apps.
3. Feel free to vote for yourself, or your favorite apps and products, and spread the word about the Awards.
4. Attn Developers/Companies: You may not offer anything to people in order to induce them to vote for you in the next. This includes, but is not limited to, free products, discounts, entries into contests, or any other offer that I deem not to be in the spirit of the awards.
5. Disqualifications are judged and confirmed at my sole discretion.
Beginning on Feb. 22, you can vote among 4 or 5 finalists in 14 app categories and 2 accessory categories. Click the links below to see the finalists in each category and to vote for them:
- Best Comics App
- Best Educational App
- Best Overall App
- Best Game
- Best Kids App
- Best Music App
- Best New App
- Best Radio App
- Best Recipe App
- Best Ringtone App
- Best Running App
- Best Shopping App
- Best Texting App
- Best Travel App
The schedule for the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards is:
COMPLETED - Jan. 18: Nominations open. Remember to nominate each day
COMPLETED - Feb. 15, 11:59 pm Eastern: Nominations close
Feb. 22: Finalists announced and voting opens
COMPLETED - March 21, 11:59 pm Eastern: Voting concludes
COMPLETED - March 30: Winners announced -- See all the winners here
Check back with iPhone/iPod at About.com on Feb. 22 to see if your favorite iPhone/iPod accessory or app was nominated and to vote on the finalists. You can also visit our central awards page to learn about finalists in other categories on other About.com network sites.
Winners will be announced March 30. There's no prize--just the bragging rights that come with getting recognized by the readers of one of the biggest networks on the web.
To stay up to date on the Readers' Choice Awards throughout the process--and to get useful tips, tricks, and reviews about the iPhone, iPod, and iTunes--sign up for the free weekly iPhone/iPod newsletter.